Sunday, July 7, 2013

First Review!

I have found my first review on my book on Authonomy. This review is base on the version with the editing job as well as the new chapter. This will give plenty of incentive for people to check it out. There are somehow still a few small grammatical errors that Word didn't catch, but this is the part I am proud of the most:


"Kindra,
I've read through Chapter 10 and would happily read more today if I had time. The story moves along at a good pace, is entertaining and exciting with lots of mystery to keep the reader going. We learn all about what Robin is feeling as she goes about her hunting, but the story never clogs down. I think the biggest strength of your writing appears when you describe physical sensations, which is so important here because Robin feels her way through the scenes. There were many passages where I felt I was experiencing things through Robin as she observed everything around her so viscerally. It's almost like she's a nerve center moving around, touching everything, sensing everything.

I'm not familiar with this genre (though I was a big fan of Buffy about twelve years ago!), but I'd guess one unique thing about your story is the roll of Gypsy folklore. I found this to be a compelling ingredient, particularly with the identification of Lilith in Chapter 10."

No comments:

Post a Comment