Saturday, November 8, 2014

My Growing Career...

Good evening (or morning) followers,

I know it's late, but I have a few things on my mind tonight. Today I received one of the best emails you can only hope to receive when you write for a small horror magazine. Sinister Grin Press has approached me about scheduling interviews for some of their authors. I am absolutely thrilled! I recently ran my first author interview with Horror Geeks Magazine, and this article was a first of its kind for them as well! Not too long after this article went up I was sent this email from the co-owner and head of marketing for Sinister Grin Press.

I am nor responsible for interviews with horror authors from Permuted Press and Sinister Grin Press. Now, I know a few people are scratching their heads and wondering why I'm continuing work of any kind with my former publisher. While I may not be publishing my works with them anymore, I have gained a lot of friendships through working with them and their authors. That is the reason. I want to see my fellow authors succeed no matter who they are affiliated with. I hope that is the answer you were looking for.

So, I am self-publishing the long awaited Executioner Trilogy, still working hard on the Permutation Archives, searching for an agent/publisher, and writing for Horror Geeks Magazine. I am so excited for all of the things happening in my life and only hope I can continue to help Horror Geeks grow into something we can be proud of (as if we're not already proud enough). This past week I did a Skype interview with the wonderful Jennifer Brozek and I have to say she is a wonderful woman who I only hope to continue to work with in the future.

On top of all of this, I am working with Lisa at Darque Halo Designs on cover art for the Executioner Trilogy as well as trying to gain permissions for a song from the band In This Moment to use for a book trailer for "Follow the Ashes." My good friend Bobby Walton of WaltzGallery Photography is also doing some shooting for me tomorrow with a gorgeous model for stock for promotions and marketing for "Follow the Ashes" and I cannot wait to see the photos! I know, I know I've been all over the place tonight, but there is just so much going on lately.

For anyone wondering about my husband, he is doing well. He is three weeks post-op from his LBKA and he is doing very well. He was signed off on occupational therapy while still in rehab and physical therapy will be signing off on him very soon. His staples get removed on Monday and work will soon begin on his prosthetic and him learning to walk again on that. Very exciting news and I am so proud of how well he is doing. He is my hero and I really hope he knows that. Love you, babe! I know you'll be reading this soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment