Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fun and Guns in Tennessee

Me, my husband, and step-son went to Speedwell, Tennessee this weekend to visit my father in law. All I can say is there isn't much to do when you have no cell phone signal, butt that leaves you open to so many other possibilities like sitting around talking about everything and nothing and, my personal favorite, learning how to shoot my gun. Which I will go ahead and mention I hadn't had the pleasure of firing off any rounds until yesterday.

Instead of writing like I had originally planned, we ended up in the backyard with some make-shift targets learning how to shoot a multitude of guns, but I loved my pistol so much I didn't want to hand it over to anyone else. This gun is one that was used by Polish police in the 1970s and I couldn't be happier with our purchase.

Who knew shooting guns could be so therapeutic? Definitely not me. I was nervous about the kick, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. This is definitely some good research for the Executioner Trilogy where I may give them guns, or for any of my other future works. Oh the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment